Is your hair loss giving you nightmares? And you’re looking for chemical-free fixes to get thicker and lustrous hair! Then essential oils can be an effective answer to all your hair woes!
Check out here top 4 essential oils
that can help to improve the health of your mane with a negligent risk of side effects. Also, explore the right method of application of these oils for attaining optimum results.
1. Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme is particularly a strong essential oil. It stimulates the blood circulation in the scalp and actively prevents hair loss, thus promoting hair growth
How to use it: Put 2 small drops of thyme essential oil in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and apply it to your scalp. Leave it on for overnight and wash it out the next morning using a mild shampoo. It will promote the growth of your hair and prevent hair fall. Apply this oil concoction two times a week.
2. Rosemary Essential Oil
It is one of the most promising alternatives for hair growth as it is known for improving cellular generation in the scalp
How to use it: Mix 10-15 drops of rosemary oil with olive or coconut oil, and apply it to your scalp. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it out with shampoo. Do this twice a week for best results.
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil stimulates the blood circulation and causes a tingling feeling wherever it is applied. It aids in boosting the growth of the overall hair shaft.
It is highly effective when used during one’s Anagen (hair growing) phase.
How to use it: Mix 2 drops of peppermint essential oil in 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut or jojoba oil. Massage it into your scalp, and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Take a hot pack steam on your oiled scalp for 5 to 10 minutes before washing out thoroughly with shampoo and conditioner. Repeat the application twice a week.
4. Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
It stimulates the production of the sebum and balances the oils on the scalp, hence promoting the growth of the hair and reducing the hair breakage.
How to use it: Mix 5 drops of ylang-ylang oil with 2 tablespoons of almond oil. Massage it into your scalp, and wrap your head with a warm towel. Leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it out. Do this at least twice a week for better hair texture and reduced hair breakage.
- Do not apply essential oil in its pure form. Always mix a few drops of it with any carrier oil like almond, olive, coconut, jojoba oil or any other oil of your choice.
- For any curative purposes apply it 2-3 times a week, however, for preventive purposes, apply it at least once a week.
- Always do a patch test to see if you are allergic to them or not. A slight burning sensation when using citrus or pine oil is normal, as this indicates the inflow of blood to the scalp, which is exactly what it should be doing. However, if the oil application results in a skin scar or severe irritation, stop using it immediately.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before switching to any essential oil.