HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

question-icon

Hi. I Fell A Week Ago Yesterday And Injured My

default
Posted on Thu, 23 Jun 2022
Question: Hi. I fell a week ago yesterday and injured my foot. My foot swelled and immediately bruised. I had X-rays taken and the Ortho said it was most likely a bad sprain. I’m away right now and the swelling has gone down a little bit my foot feels like it’s tight. Like it’s being squeezed. Any idea what it could be?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for your query

Usually Ankle sprains are associated with some amount of bleeding because of the partial ligament tears.

This bleeding causes a small haematoma or collection of blood which gradually organises (hardens up) and eventually get absorbed back into the body. This hardening up of the blood can cause a stretch under the skin and soft tissues feeling like a band. This takes about 4-6 weeks to completely resolve.

I would advise you to keep the limb elevated and apply ice 4-5 times a day for 2-3 weeks wherever possible.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Thanking you.

Kind regards,

Aashish Raghu
Note: For further follow up on related General & Family Physician Click here.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Saisudha Kotla
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2011

premium_optimized