HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

question-icon

Hello, I Have Epilepsy And Currently Taking 3,000 Mg Of

default
Posted on Sun, 12 Feb 2023
Question: Hello, I have epilepsy and currently taking 3,000 mg of Levetiracetam and 600 mg of Lamotrigine daily. I was on a cycle of taking Testosterone Enanthate at 250 mg twice a week. I’m starting a post cycle therapy to stop taking testosterone. The post cycle therapy says to take 40 mg of Nolvadex for the first two weeks than 20 mg last two weeks. It also says to take .25 mg of Anastrozole twice a week. This post cycle therapy is for a 30 day period. Any suggestions or help on this being something I can do? I had no problems with being on the Testosterone cycle itself, but now I’m just wanting to make sure this is something reasonable to do to stop taking testosterone . I also would like your opinion or thoughts on being on a testosterone cycle with the my medical situation and medications I take if I were ever to take testosterone for the future. Thank you
doctor
Answered by Dr. Dr. Erion Spaho (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to the "Aska Doctor" service.

I have read your question.

The aim of post-cycle therapy after testosterone use is the restoration of one’s natural hormonal functioning more quickly than would otherwise be possible without post-cycle therapy, to reverse or mitigate the side effects, etc.

On the other hand, there are no significant interactions between the drugs that you use for epilepsy ( levetiracetam and lamotrigine) and the drugs needed for the post-cycle therapy (Nolvadex or tamoxifen and Anastrozole)

So, you can continue your post-cycle therapy as prescribed by your Doctor.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Dr. Erion Spaho (1 hour later)
Thank you. My last question would be on your advice on future testosterone cycles. From my experience thus far I haven’t experienced anything bad from being on them,my main concern would be if testosterone is something that effects the (epilepsy) or the medication I’m taking? I’ve read how estrogen does towards epilepsy , and I understand the other side effects testosterone has in itself. I just want your take on it being a doctor.
doctor
Answered by Dr. Dr. Erion Spaho (21 hours later)
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

It is true that hormones may affect the threshold of epilepsy in a part of people using hormone therapy.

In your case, there were no adverse effects in the past cycles, so, we can think that there will be no problems neither in the future when it comes to testosterone cycles.

So, you can undergo them.

Hope this helps.

In good health.
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2004

premium_optimized