HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 |

Ask a Sexual Diseases Online

Ask here your health issues with our highly experienced Sexual Diseases online and get personalized answer in minutes. You can also take a second opinion on your doctor's prescription or medical reports to doubly clarify your doubts and concerns.

So do not wait any further, just write down your medical query here and ask a Sexual Diseases now.

159 Doctors Online
By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions
Ask a Doctor Now
HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Doctors waiting to answer your question

Dr. Rohit Batra
Dr. Rohit Batra


Exp 15 years

Dr. P V S Prasad
Dr. P V S Prasad


Exp 39 years

Dr. Gaurang Krishna
Dr. Gaurang Krishna


Exp 12 years

Dr. Bharat Chawda
Dr. Bharat Chawda


Exp 23 years

Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Shanthi.E

General & Family Physician

Exp 17 years

Dr. Saisudha Kotla
Dr. Saisudha Kotla

General & Family Physician

Exp 12 years

...and 18,000+ more Doctors from across the world

Our guarantee

Reduce ER visits

Save time and money.

Verified Doctors

Dedicated 1 to 1 doctor with unlimited follow ups.

100% Refund

If you are not happy we will refund your money.

Customer Feedback (last week)

Recent Answers by Sexual Diseases Specialist

Psychiatrist, Child

It s been 8 years since unprotected sex and no symptoms. how long can I feel I m in the clear also did 2 rapid oral swab tests that show negative with only one C line , can I rely on these results...

View full Conversation

What our users say

Employers who trust us



and many more...

What is Sexual Diseases?

1. Who Is a Sexual Medicine Specialist?

A sexual medicine specialist is a physician who manages disorders of sexual function and consults patients for promotion of sexual and reproductive health. The term sexual medicine specialist refers to medical doctors who specialize in sexual health. Sexologists or sex therapists are not necessarily medical doctors.

There is no formal medical specialty exclusively devoted to sexual medicine. Sexual medicine specialists are typically psychiatrists or urologists, but they can be any other medical specialists who focus their practice on those aspects of sexual medicine that can be managed within their specialty. To become a sexual medicine specialist, after graduating from medical school, a doctor completes a residency program in one of the specialties such as urology, endocrinology, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, family practice, or others.

A doctor specializing in sexual medicine and sexual/reproductive health can manage and treat a range of issues, including sexual development, sexual performance and relationship problems, erectile dysfunction, delayed ejaculation, premature ejaculation, female orgasmic disorder, female sexual interest/arousal disorder, other sexual dysfunctions, sex and aging, sex therapy, and sex counseling. Sexual medicine specialists may use drugs, medical devices or procedures, psychotherapy, as well as education and counseling tools. Depending on their training they also may work with other specialists such as gynecologists, vascular radiologist, surgeons, psychologists, and neurologists.

2. When Should I See a Sexual Medicine Specialist?

Your primary care physician may also refer you to a sexual medicine specialist. You may need to contact a sexual medicine specialist if you are concerned about your sexual function or performance or have concerns including:

• Erection problems
• Ejaculation problems
• Priapism
• Low sex drive
• Painful sex
• Low performance
• No orgasm or difficulty reaching orgasm
• Sexual relationship problems
• Sexual trauma or sexual abuse history
• Prostate surgery history or other urologic medical history
A sexual medicine specialist can also answer your questions about sexual organ anatomy, masturbation, sexual practices or behaviors, sexual orientation, gender identity, and relationship issues. There are many online STD consultation services for more advice.

3. What Kinds of Tests Does a Sexual Medicine Specialist Perform or Recommend?

The specialist may request one or more additional tests, including:

• Blood tests, including hormone levels, diabetes tests, and others
• Urine analysis
• Microbiology tests
• Pelvic exam
• Imaging tests (ultrasound, MRI, others)
• Cardiology examination
• Semen analysis
• Genital swab tests

4. What Questions Should I Ask a Sexual Medicine Specialist?

You may want to ask these kinds of questions:

• What do my symptoms indicate?
• What is the cause of my problem? Is this problem temporary? Is it curable?
• Is my high blood pressure, diabetes, enlarged prostate or other health condition linked with my sexual dysfunction? Is any treatment I am currently taking causing or worsening my sexual dysfunction?
• What are my treatment options?
• What are the risks and side effects of this treatment? What precautions should I take before using this drug?
• Are there any supplements, herbs, or alternative treatments that can help with my condition?
• Is there a mechanical device or surgical procedure that can help with my condition?
• Is it safe to buy erectile dysfunction drugs on the internet?
• Can I take these drugs together with my other treatments?
• Should I quit smoking, do exercise, or change my diet to improve my sexual function?
• Should I get tested for STDs?
• Can I or my sexual partner get infected even if we use protection?
• Should my sexual partner participate in my therapy?
• What preventive measures or change in lifestyle do you suggest for my condition?
• How can I find out more about the disease? Is there any support group for people with my condition?
• Can sex therapy help me recuperate my sexual performance or desire?