HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

question-icon

I Have Just Been Diagnosed With H Pylori. I Am

default
Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2022
Question: I have just been diagnosed with h pylori. I am on 3 different antibiotics to kill it. The doctor found several white dots all over my stomach lining and isn't sure what it could be. I was almost 2 weeks late this month for my period and about 5 months ago was diagnosed with cysts (can i catch a break?)
Im wondering if h pylori could cause my period to be late, and shorter?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (2 days later)
Brief Answer:
Could be antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hi,
Hi,

Thanks for your query

The antibiotic therapy for H pylori has two different class of antibiotics which are strong and could cause some amount of gastric discomfort.

The delay in periods could b due to the medications. Need not worry, the effect may be short lasting. Needs no intervention for now.

Hope I answered your question

Wish you good health

Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

premium_optimized