HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

question-icon

Male, 57 Yrs. Old,6 Ft.tall, 225-250 Lbs. Passed Out For

default
Posted on Sun, 7 Oct 2018
Question: Male, 57 yrs. old,6 ft.tall, 225-250 lbs. Passed out for what he thinks was 30-40 minutes. Has profuse sweating, chills, repeats himself when telling what happened, incontinence when passed out. Unable to sit or stand. Dozing but not quite asleep.
doctor
Answered by Dr. Dr. (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need to visit ER...

Detailed Answer:
Hi,

The points that the person passed out for more than 30 minutes, had incontinence and is not absolutely normal now suggest he may have had a seizure. A second possibility of minor stroke cannot be ruled out.

In view of these factors, I will strongly recommend the patient to visit ER immediately. He needs to be monitored for repeat episodes. A brain scan and other neurological intervention is absolutely needed.

Hope this helps. I can help you here if you need anymore clarifications.

Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Dr.

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2005

premium_optimized