HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

I Was Cleaning Out A New Bird Nest From The

I was cleaning out a new bird nest from the exhaust pipe coming from our dryer earlier today and I noticed more further inside. So, I reached in and pulled the rest out and cut my arm. I had to go in and out a couple times and didn't notice until afterwards. The vent always has steam coming out of it, so it's a breeding ground already; not to mention any illnesses/pathogens the birds may have had. So, I'm worried I may have contracted something from any urine/feces/saliva/etc. inside the nest/pipe. Should I talk to a Primary care/go to the ER? I know its often a "The sooner you catch it, the better" type of thing. I didn't think about it until just now. It swelled up pretty bad at first, and is still raised; which is odd for a normal cut/scrape on me. I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on my tetanus shot, so I'm not overly concerned about that aspect of it.
Tue, 1 Aug 2023
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on