HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Story:my Nipple Ring Got Caught On Something And Ripped Out,

story:my nipple ring got caught on something and ripped out, ripping my nipple. Lots of blood when it happened initially. I went to the ER, the doctor determined stitches would be more detrimental and that I should continue keeping it covered with gauze and neosporin until it scabs.that was 2 days ago. The pain has gotten sooo much better, but every time I change the gauze pad (3x a day) there’s still a very small amount of blood on the gauze. Like very small, it isn’t actively bleeding and the rip looks like it is adhering back together.is this normal for a laceration without stitches? Do I need to go back to the ER or urgent care? I have a follow up wound recheck in 2.5 days with my GP. There’s no signs of infection, just a tiny amount of blood on the gauze when I change it.
Tue, 1 Aug 2023
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on