HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest Treatment For Temporary Episodes Of Blindness, Headaches, And Blurred Vision After A Virectomy Done On My Right Eye

Hello, I had a virectomy done on my right eye on 09/12/2022 to correct severe eye floaters. The surgery resulted in excessive bleeding in the eye that took several weeks to clear up. When the vision came back it seemed okay for awhile. But shortly there after I began experiencing blurred vision along with occasional total loss of vision in the eye. The treatments I received were mostly steroids to begin with along with drops to combat infection. Over time it was determined that I have a swelling behind the eye that refuses to heal. The steroid drops have raised my eye pressures and I have now been told I have glaucoma. My right eye is very light sensitive and I get daily headaches on that side. Tylenol takes the edge off but the basic pain remains. I am currently using Prednisolone , Dorzolomide with Timilol, Brimonidine, & Rhopressa. After 8 months I am starting to doubt that I am on the right path. Can you please advise?
Thu, 31 Aug 2023
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on